Friday 23 February 2018

Wildflowers.

Hi there. Hope you are well on this Friday Morning. I thought  I'd share this card i made with you today. I like the idea of using embossing folders as the main focal part on a card and i thought this would be a good example to show you...this is how I made it.
I started on a piece of white linen card measuring approx 10.5 x14.5cm. I choose three colours of distress inks, which would work well together, starting with the top of the card i slowly blended the colours in, one by one. I sprinkled water on it to give a distress look then took my embossing folder and embossed the card. I took a piece of cut and dry with white ink on it and brushed it lightly over the raised embossed image and a little gold guilding wax to make it pop off the page even more. I matted it on black card, tied with bakers twine and an ornament. I backed it onto a piece of Kraft card 13.5x16cm, decorated with Tim holtz mixed media die and finished with a stamped message in black archival ink, were there was a lot of white space. I hope you like the finished card. I really like how it turned out.
Please leave a comment and happy crafting!!
Love Sharon
       X


2 comments: