Sunday 29 March 2015

birthday boy.

Hi there, I thought I'd share this card with you all today. I made this card for my nieces little boy for his 2nd birthday.
I thought it would be fun to make a train themed card in primary colours, and this is how it turned out.
I started with a DL card on its side and matted and layered several pieces of red, blue and white cardstock
onto my base. On the last white layer i put two white eyelets in either end and thread a length of bakers twine through and secured it at the back with tape, then with the Marianne train die I cut the train in red, the coach in blue and the truck in red and positioned on top of the bakers twine, so it give the impression that the train had stopped on a track.
I cut the Marianne party balloon in blue and positioned it over the trains funnel,  l thought it looked like steam coming from the funnel.
To finish the card I stamped birthday boy on a piece of white card, coloured in the word boy in red promaker and finally matted it onto red card. I really enjoyed making this card I hope you like it too.
Thank you for stopping by to read this post and see you soon.
Love Sharon xxx.


1 comment: