Wednesday 11 March 2015

March Hares

Hi there, thought I'd share this card with you all today... It's a Easter card made from a cool background technique using salt.
I shall explain how I made the background first...I used white linen cardstock it works just as well as glossy cardstock or water colour paper. I spritzed with two cosmic shimmer mists (bilberry crush and blue lime) letting it spread all over the card and merge into one, while wet sprinkle table salt (or any other salt you have available) on to the ink. The salt will absorb the ink and change colour, leave to dry while this takes place, to quicken the process I used the heat gun, and when it was dry I brushed the salt off with a soft cloth. I did quite a few of these and they were all different depending on how much, or little salt i put on them. I just love this technique.
I started the card with a DL card blank, with a piece of pale green ribbon I put it down the centre of my card to start with, then with my background I cut  3  5.5cm squares. I stamped my boxing hares onto 2 of the squares and stamped Happy Easter onto the 3rd square in black ink, then backed them onto black cardstock.
I finally stuck my prepared squares over the ribbon on foam pads and to finish I decorated with a bow and gems...

Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you soon

Love Sharon xxx.



2 comments:

  1. Your color choices are so nice, a welcome deviation from the standard, expected pastels! Love the salt technique, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your lovely comments Debbie

    ReplyDelete