Wednesday 17 February 2016

Generation stamping.

Hi everyone. I must share this simple technique with you. It's a technique by which you stamp an image several times without re-inking between each stamped impression. The idea meaning that the first stamp image will be the strongest  then the second fainter still and so on until you can't make the image out.
The stamped images on my cards have been inked with a archival ink which i had to hand and it was quite tricky to get a good first impression right and so on after that. I have learnt since that dye and pigment inkpads are better than quick- drying ones and the stronger the colour the more impressions you will create than lighter inkpads and the better you ink up the stamp the first time the better your first image will be and the images after that.
It certainly takes some practicing but its a fun technique when you get the hang of. It's especially great for adding movement to a card like I have with this racing car.
I made this card by using the masking technique as well, this gives the impression that the cars are all behind one another and moving.
Firstly i stamped the car out on a piece of scrap paper to make myself a mask then stamped my first image on my card, cover it over with the mask and generation stamp over the top of it then repeat until the ink runs out. In my next post I have used the same technique but added colour to my project... Please call in and check it out next time.
Thanks and Happy Crafting!!
Love Sharon xx:-)





2 comments:

  1. Love this card. I'm so happy with this technique because I can do it without thinking I've made a mistake (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lois, your quite right it's doesn't matter if you make a mistake it doesn't look out of place at all. it just gives it a distress feel.

    ReplyDelete