Sunday 21 February 2016

Celebration balloons.

Hi everyone. Here is my card featuring the generation stamping technique as promised in my last entry. It's the same technique but I have added colour to the project as well.
I stamped the balloon out of scrap paper first for my mask and then stamped the first balloon impression on my cardstock. I took the mask and covered the balloon up and stamped my second impression, overlapping it, repeat with the third. Take the mask and cover the first balloon and generation stamp with a star in different coloured inks, continue in the same manner with the others, overlapping as you go. I think it makes the balloons pop forward and gives that impression that the stars are behind.
It's a fun technique and great for a beginner to try too. I hope you give this technique ago.
Example 1... With the simple technique above.
                                               
Example 2... Paper piece the Balloons in coloured cardstock below.

I decided to go one step further and paper piece the balloons with coloured embossed dotty cardstock ( use foam pads to give the balloons diminish ) and glossy ascents on the highlights. It's entirely up to you how you finish your project, whether you leave the balloons plain or coloured its down to you. I quite like them coloured, they match the stars perfectly.
Thanks for calling in and crafty hugs!!
Love Sharon xx:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment