Wednesday 15 August 2018

Sea shell box.

Hi there on this Wednesday Morning. Today I thought I'd share this box I decorated, useing an inexpensive wooden box I picked up.
I took of the the hinges first then painted a base coat of gesso and dried. I painted on two costs of pale blue acrylic paint and dried. Next i dry brushed white acrylic paint through and stamped some shells with a blue ink pad.
I adhered a piece of frayed Hessian onto the top of the box with a glue gun, a long with the shells, pearls and flower soft between the shells, which I thought was quite sand looking.
I then took some gold guilding wax and highlighted the shells and box with it.
To finish I painted the whole box with a Matte mod podge to seal it.
It's a lovely way to use up those shells you pick up at the beach every summer.
Thanks for calling in and please join me for more craftyness next time.
Love
Sharon
    X




No comments:

Post a Comment