Friday 8 May 2015

Bokeh Technique.

Hiya! I'm back with my latest creation. It's a card with a cool background technique called bokeh. A photography technique that creates out of focus points of light, it makes the most beautiful effect and very easy to achieve. This is my first attempt at this popular technique myself and I was quite pleased with the result. I hope you enjoy it too.
This is how I made the background...
I firstly started with a piece of white card measuring 5.5 in x 8in. I then chose 3 distress inks (peeled paint, broken China and vintage photo) with a piece of cut and dry. Start with one colour aply this to the card and fill in with the remaining colours, perfectly blending them together. Cut 3 size circle's on a piece of thin acetate (I used the smallest circles on my nesting dies) and with a piece of cut and dry. I randomly sponged the circles on to the card with a white pigment ink pad (docrafts artiste) aply varying depths of ink to the circles, so it gives the impression that some are further away than others and overlap them too. when you are happy with the desired effect. Leave to dry and mount on to a A5 card then decorate.
It really makes a lovely background for a card and doesn't need a lot of decoration the background makes it...
Thank you for reading this post and happy crafting.
Love Sharon xx:-)







1 comment: