Sunday 24 May 2015

Lovely.

Hi there, thought i'd share another watercolour card with you all today. It's a quick and simple background technique with distress inks and stamps...
I made the background by selecting 3 distress inks (I chose broken China, rusty hinge and mustard seed) I applied the ink directly from my ink pads on to the heat resistant mat then spritzed with water to get the inks to merge together, with my piece of watercolour card I put it face down into the distress inks (keep swirling it around in the inks to get the desired effect on your card) next I inked up a flower stamp using the same distress colours and spritzed it with water. Stamp randomly on to the background (you will found that as the stamp blends into the wet background it will leave a soft watercolour image) leave to dry, when dry trim your card and mount. To finish I stamped the word lovely, then decorated with 3 butterflies.
Thanks for stopping by to read this post and Happy Crafting!!
Love Sharon x:-)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and the details are easy to follow. tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. Lois

      Delete