Saturday 7 February 2015

Male card.

Hi there, thought I'd share this card with you today.
It was made at the same time as my last card entry but as taken till now to post it, better late than never.
I have incorporated my inked backgrounds ( previously used in some of my other projects ) into this card and a touch of gilding flakes.
The colours were inspired by a project l saw in a craft magazine. I thought they looked different together.
I begain this card with a A5 card blank. I matted and layered my backgrounds onto my card the orange one you can just see peeking behind the green background appears though the card a lot.
I shall explan how I made the main background you can see.I inked three distress inks together (of your choice) blending them until I was happy with it. I spritzed with water to give an aged look then embossed with Tim Holtz's watches. I finished the effect by applying tattered lace detail glue to a piece of cut and dry foam ( make sure it's soaked in well ) I daubed the glue onto my background, then pressed the gilding flakes on and wiped the excess away, Iastly I inked the edges with distress ink.
I love the effect it as achieved.
I choice the film strip as a border across my card then cut several circles in different sizes, the clock face is from the embossing folder.I stuck these on adding the metal watch, wooden key and kandan sentiment.

I hope you like it!



2 comments: