Friday 9 January 2015

gilded card




Hi there,thought I'd share this card with you.I love the gilded effect on cards,so I thought I'd try it myself and I am quite pleased with the end result.
 I started this card with my usual 8x8in square blank card,then cut out an aperture with the largest square die from the affections collection by tonic studio's
Then with a piece of cream card slightly smaller than the main card blank.I placed the splendid screen strip die in the middle,cut the first one then kept working outwards until the card was full,that way you get an equal pattern.
With an adhesive sheet lay this on to the back of the die-cut
piece of card you have prepared,then from the front rub gilding flakes on to the sticky side,pressing it down as you go, than rub off.
Mount this behind the aperture.I put acetate on the front to stop it from getting dirty, on the back I stuck a piece of card to make it look neater from the inside.
I decorated with a tattered lace fan,3 gilded roses,black gem flourishes,3 black gems and a stamped message.
 


Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting
                     Love Sharon xxx

2 comments: