Thursday 26 July 2018

Mixed media heart.- inspire.

Hi there, hope your having a lovely day. I wanted to make something different so i decided to have a go at a mixed media project using an mdf heart. I wasn't sure why to start, so firstly I applied some modelling paste though a stencil and left to dry when dry I applied a coat of gesso to give it a base coat to paint on.  I applied 2 coats of neat acrylic paint in pale blue ( crafters choice ) all over the entire project, leaving to dry ( for quickness i used a heat gun ) then i watered down 2 colours ( blue mist and pale mauve) i started from the top and dadded my paint brush with each colour in turn along the edge then let the paint roll down to the bottom of the heart. ( like dripping blood ) then dry again.
Next I used different textured stamps ( crafters companion ) and stamped them all over my project ( sometimes going over the edges ) with white and black ink. To finished the heart I used guilding wax to highlight the modellng paste element and around the edges. The heart finished I set about founding different embellishments to match the heart and painting those that weren't the right colour. I arranged everything on my heart then adhered, adding more elements like the gems and sequins. I really had fun making this project l Hope you like it too
 Thanks for calling in and Happy crafting to you all
Love
Sharon
     X


No comments:

Post a Comment