Thursday 20 November 2014

Christmas holly card

Hi there another Christmas card finished.This card started out completely different to what I set out to do.I think we all suffer it from time to time when your project dose'nt seem to work out like you wanted it to..I think the end result turned out ok in the end.
I started with a 8x8in square cream card base,matted the Christmas backing paper on to green card then glued to the cream base card.distressing and inking all the edges as I went.the base for my topper measure's l6x11ins.I cut my background paper just slightly smaller than the base,cut a slit half way down the long ways of my paper and curled back the sides to form 2 rolls then glued it down on my base topper.I added a contracting piece of backing paper to the bottom of the topper,so as not to see the join i glued a narrow border and lace over it.
I stuck the topper on at an angle with foam pads to give it height,then added the poinsettias, holly berries and extras to finish off.
Thank you for stopping by to read this page and happy crafting love Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment