Thursday 12 November 2015

Autumn leaves ( inking technique.)

Hi there. I'm glad to be back from a long crafty break and can't wait to showcase my card ideas again. This card is a simple inking technique from a craft magazine I saw and thought it was a good technique to try out.
This is how i made the background...
I cut a piece of square white card out first. I prefer to work on a larger piece of card when i am working on a background and cut it down to size afterwards to fit my card base. I applied various distress inks (mustard seed and rusty hinge) to the card, blending the colour's into one another. Then flicked water onto the top to give it a bleached look. (which doesn't seem to be as noticeable on this card) with a fresh leaf (vein side prominent) brayer a darker distress ink (peeled paint) over it. I Positioned the leaf ink side down onto my inked card and with a piece of copy paper burnish it to print the leaf, repeat several times to make a pattern. When dry I used my drayer full of ink (barn door) to give it a criss cross effect though it. Finally with metallic gold acrylic paint, over burnish on top of the leaf impression. Allow to dry again. Cut to 12x12cm, mat and layer on to a 14.5x14.5cm base card and decorate accordingly.
I have made lots of different samples using this technique. I would love to share these with you in my next blog entry.
Thanks for calling in and see you soon
Love Sharon xx:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment