Friday 28 August 2015

Shaker card.

Hi there. Thought I'd share this simple shaker card with you today...
I started with a 6x6 scallop white card, next I chose a pale pink card and a coordinating background paper to match, which l matted and layred on to my card. The next step is to cut an aperture in the centre of the base card with a nesting circle die, with the next die up in the nesting circle die set cut 2 out of clear acetate, then stick foam on a roll around one of the circles, before sandwiching your acetate circles together put the shaker bits in first. (I used die cut flowers and leaves in pink and green to keep to the same colour scheme as my card) The thickness of the foam is important because it needs to be quite thick so your shakers inside move freely instead of sticking together in a mess.( I am guilty of the same trick!!) When this is assembled stick it over the aperture with some red sticky tape, then pop a scallop frame over it to finish it off. I chose to put a little bird perched on the side looking in.( I thought it went well with the design of the card) then last of all I stamped a sentiment in black ink . I wish i had backed the sentiment onto white card because its quite hard to see on the photo but never mind...  I think thats all for now!

Thank you for calling in and happy Crafting!!

Love Sharon x:-)



2 comments: